Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Beach





So it probably isn't news to anyone that knows me well that I love taking pictures. After our 2 week plus vacation to the beach, I came home with literally over hundreds of pictures! Of course they all aren't great, but I figured it was easier to weed through them once I got home. That was a big part of last nights' agenda!!! Anyway, here are a few of my favorite shots.
We had a great time! The first week was the four of us, and the second week, we joined my parents. We saw dolphins (which thrilled Ella), stayed by the beach and pool daily (thanks to a wonderful sun shade tent), and just had a really lazy and relaxing time! Kinsley discovered her new favorite food - sand. I'm not sure which food group that would fall into, but she is definitely a fan. I don't mean that she would get a little in her mouth and not seem to mind it. She would scream and throw a fit to get down on the sand in order to shove handfuls into her mouth repeatedly. Moments when I would look at Ronnie and say, "Your child?"
Ella had a new accomplishment on vacation - learning to swim! On day one, it was a challenge to get her in the pool. Heaven forbid water touch her face! Put a little Meme in the mix and presto! A girl who would jump in from the side, throw her head under the water, and swim without a float while holding her breath to meme's arms. (I think the M&M and Starburst rewards helped a little bit, too!)
We had great weather, but most importantly, a great time just enjoying family.

No comments: