Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Adjustments

So, over the past week or so, we have had sickness in our household - all of us. I know it is that time of year. Ella has seemed more out of sorts, which we attributed to not feeling good. I think we have realized it has a little more to do with all the changes around our house! She has been reverting more to the baby talk and more emotional about things. She hasn't been sleeping well, so this morning we were up at 6:00. She and I came downstairs to make some pancakes. I started talking to her about why she was crying last night - she didn't know. She finally made reference to Kinsley going back in my belly. We talked about how lucky she is to be a big sister and how much fun they will have together. I know some of you have experienced this when your first was joined by a new sibling - any suggestions?

1 comment:

the ruffhouse said...

Oh sweet girl - at least she wants the baby back somewhere safe. Owen asked if we could put Lyla in the garbage can when she was born so the truck would take her away. Yes, proud parenting moment, huh? The best advice someone gave me was to let the baby cry SOMETIMES to meet the older ones needs. After all, the baby will not remember, but the older one will. Hang in there! It DOES get better!