Monday, October 19, 2009

Ella's 4th Birthday!

http://animoto.com/play/S8LNHQHvTSqsU8mpd3Fx7g?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=one_click_share

So often I feel like this blog is just a private journal for myself! I have no idea who checks or reads it, but it is a great outlet for me! How is it possible that Ella is already 4? Last night, Ronnie made a "princess tent", equipped with multi-colored Christmas lights and about 1000 baby dolls and animals, in the living room for her. We stayed up and watched Annie, then tried to get her to sleep to be ready for her big day. At 11:40, she was still wide-eyed. I know she was so excited!

So I was a little surprised when I woke up this morning to gentle arm pokes. When I rolled over, she said, "Hi mom. I'm 4." So cute. We had birthday muffins, opened presents, then got ready for her party. I think it was a little overwhelming at first with so many friends there to help her celebrate. This was her first real friend party and we had almost 30 kids help us celebrate, which was so much fun! She quickly warmed up, had a great time jumping, playing, eating pizza and cake, and just being a silly 4 year old! All that energy wears off, though. So her and daddy are crashing in the princess tent.

We love you Ella so much. Thank you for all the laughter, joy, love, and amazing memories you have brought and continue to bring in our lives. We had no idea how incredible it would be to be parents and we know we hit the jackpot with you. Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: