Friday, October 9, 2009

My Town




I think anyone who is from a small town will understand my perspective in this post. There is a country song that is called "This is My Town". I don't know who sings it, and I don't even really love the song. However, it pops into my head every single time I pull off the Caneyville Exit off WKU parkway. Caneyville is my HOMEtown and I love it! I love going to visit, I love all the memories tied to it, and I love how it is so familiar and comfortable - like a HOMEtown should be.
All that being said, as much as I love it, and as often as we go visit (and we even lived there for 2 years!), Ella had never experienced the Caneyville Fair. That was a highlight for me growing up, so I was thrilled to have the opportunity to take the girls. I know, to some it is probably silly and not much of anything. But to me, the sentimental person that I am, I enjoyed every minute of seeing her enjoy it! Kinsley had fun, too, but give the girl a sucker and she would enjoy anywhere!

While we were there, Kinsley also took her first steps!!! She is growing and changing so fast. I am thankful I am able to be home and see the milestones and special moments!
We were also able to go visit my grandparents before we came back home. That is a long trip for the girls, but I am so thankful we were able to go and visit all my grandparents. It those types of things that later I know I know I would regret not doing when I had the chance.

No comments: